Sunday, June 28, 2009

pain of a broken promise

When we make promises do we really know the weight? I think that 90% of promises are made for self gain.

If I make a promise I get... fill in the blank. In marriage for example a woman and a man
promise to love and honor each other. Do they really know what they are saying? I have only been married for 11 months and I have learned in order for me to keep my promises in my relationship with my husband I have to be willing no matter what the cost to do just that.

I think
Compromise is the thing people run into. They look into the other person's promise and if it is not lining up to their expectations they will disregard the promises they are responsible for.

It is a burning. Some people call it preferring one another in love. I call it burning. I find my self in a position of choosing myself so that I can be right or look good or I let it burn my flesh that is and choose to keep my promise of honoring and loving.

It's so cute (gag) the definition of
February 14th - love. Be mine! Seriously If we are to really be honest with our selves do we know the weight of promise? Do we know the definition of Love?

I am staring into the eyes of a young
woman who was promised love from her earthly father. The pain I see is pause worthy. A man who chose himself and his own satisfaction over his own children. How does a girl then grow up and look into a man's eyes at the altar and believe his promise to her. Or even how does a woman relate to her God? I choose the burning.

Men keep your promises and do not make them lightly.
Know the weight of your actions and words. And daughters and sons, who's hearts have been left void, know this: our Heavenly Father died so that you would know what a real promise kept looks like. Men and women fail us but He never will. Let the pain of any broken promise remind you to keep your word even if it burns. Especially if it burns!

1 comment:

  1. Yes! This is good. I'm glad you have a blog!

    ReplyDelete