Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Life in Africa

Well. We are here and I know you have heard a lot from Ben and little from me so i will try and fill you in.

I'll start with Rebecca (auntie Naka) to the children. She is black as night and as pungent as I have ever smelt. Her smile is bright white and when she says my name she glows love. She is my matron she does my laundry. For $3.oo US a week. she cleans my clothes. They are cleaner than ever. She is amazing she has 7 children the youngest being twins Viva and Destiny. She nurses all day while washing laundry. Her older daughter Rachel helps tend the children. Rebecca is a good mama. She is a good friend.

I have 41 extra children with Javonta 42. And I love them all. When i see them cry I cry when I see them laugh I laugh. I believe in what they say they want and am inspiring them to see them selves in His image.

There is a girl named Hannah she is so beautiful she is soft spoken simple really. I asked her what she wants with her life. She wants to be a judge. It takes a lot of work here to pass an exam to get into law school and Hannah isn't doing well in school she tries so hard. So I'm praying that she gains a wisdom that is from Him and that if she is to be a judge that He makes all things possible.

I love what He is doing in me. I thought I knew how to be loved but ever day He shows me more.

There is a little boy maybe 8 named Boaz. Hard as a rock . Yesterday I looked out my window he was pretending to be a goat. I bleated back threw the window and He smiled "Ello Aunt Rachel!" and he crowed like a rooster. He is letting me in. Slowly but surely .

2 days after we arrived a woman in the neighborhood died of AIDS. Three of her daughters live here. Beatrice,Mary and Jane. The sound of grief coming from them caused my entire heart to move. In Africa hugging is a sign of happiness so we were told not to hug them. LOL I did it anyway. Mary needed holding the most. The middle child. I held her so close - this 14 year old girl lost in grief that I could literally feel her pain. We cried together. I walked all 41 children up the hill to visit the body and the family. One by one we piled into a small hut where the body lay on the ground the children and i surrounded the lifeless woman and an adult came and uncovered her. It was awful. The children started to pray all of them in the Spirit out loud the Holy Spirit filled the room. The spirit was so thick I could feel Him on my bare skin. The entire mass of children began to weep. It was the most beautiful thing i have ever seen. I held the girls and rocked and rocked. I am now there mama. Mary especially she watches my every move and makes sure I am close by. Betrice is still heavily mourning and is coming to me for comfort. Jane, the youngest, is full of Joy. God is truly Amazing.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Ben for letting me know about your blog. I just finished reading all of your posts and am so glad to read your stories. This is obviously the place God has always meant for you to be.

    ReplyDelete