Wednesday, May 27, 2009

We walk by faith not by sight....

(Ben): Wow. This is the first main post of many to come. Rachelann and I will be posting all sorts of things here. Thoughts, hopes, fears, events, prayers, requests.... So read along if you like.

There is so much going on that it is hard to quantify it all. Right now we are about 3 months out. We sorting through ticket prices and the weight of what we are embarking on is beginning to overtake me. We have been working hard to make things happen. After much prayer, both Rachelann and I keep getting reminded that simple trust is what God wants from us. As it stands right now we have been trying very hard to relax knowing that we don't currently have enough in our bank account to cover all the expenditures coming our way. Interestingly, thus far, this has not seemed to be a problem for God.

For example: we had been praying for months for a place to stay. As we compiled a rough budget we both realized that our living expenses in Africa rivaled, if not exceeded, our living expenses here in the States. I did not like this. I have been noticing my urge to control things more so as of late. I like having financial provision buffered by a nice sized savings account for all of those "just in case" scenarios. God has been dealing with me about this, reminding me that He really is calling us and He really is committed to providing our every need. So what happened? A few weeks after intense conversations with our friends over housing costs we felt led to contact a different friend in Uganda. As it turns out, this other friend of ours graciously extended an open invitation for Rachelann, Javonta and I to stay with him at his orphanage. Our lodging and meals are now taken care of and the cost is no problem! Go God!

No comments:

Post a Comment